Re: history substring search too aggressive sometimes

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 08:29:20 -0400
John Covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi.  As I didn't receive your message, but did find it in the
> archives, see my reply below.

I can't see anything obvious, or even particularly obscure, there, and
I don't get the effects you're seeing if I use those settings (as I
wouldn't expect to).

The other thing to look at is key bindings: although nothing you've
shown so far suggests completion bindings are being redefined,
something must be rebinding keys to use the history substring
functions defined there, so there must be more going on.

pws