Re: Feature request: set extension for =( ) created file

On 24 September 2016 at 22:36, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sep 24, 2016, at 4:14 PM, Sebastian Gniazdowski
>> <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yeah, one of such programs is Vim and it fails recognizing e.g.
>> ctags/awk.c as ft=zsh.
>
> Then vim's file detection logic needs work. (Or maybe your vim is not
> configured correctly. I downloaded ctags literally 30 seconds ago and
> opened awk.c, and my vim set filetype=c correctly.) Not zsh's problem.

I looked at the temporary file and it has "zsh" in it, my fault. Vim
probably doesn't check for ".zshrc" / ".zshenv" but for *zsh*. But if
I did cp awk.c ~/O3R9qv; vim ~/O3R9qv then it didn't detect the file
type.

> A few lines (of C!) to reliably detect dozens/hundreds/thousands of file
> formats? Okay.
>
> (FWIW, file(1) -- a whole program/library made expressly for this
> purpose -- gives me hilariously bad results on a regular basis.)

If someone approaches this or if a green light will be given I might try

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski