Re: who ate my .zshrc and .zcompdump ? Wanting to put all my .zsh files in one place.

Please CC me when answering as I haven't subscribed,  info. overloaded  -

Addition below -

On 24/12/2016, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to put all my now and future zsh files in one place. To do
> this I did the following -
>
> a. In /etc/zsh/zshenv added/wrote -
>
> $ tail zshenv
> # output or assume the shell is attached to a tty.
> #
> # Global Order: zshenv, zprofile, zshrc, zlogin
>
> if [[ -z "$PATH" || "$PATH" == "/bin:/usr/bin" ]]
> then
> 	export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games"
> fi
>
> export ZDOTDIR="/home/shirish/.zsh/"
>
> Just the last line.
>
> Then on my user
>
> /home/shirish $  mv .zcompdump .zsh/
> /home/shirish $ mv .zshrc .zsh/
>
> This should have copied .zshrc and .zcompdump files to .zsh BUT
>
> /home/shirish/.zsh $ ls -lh
> total 0
>
> So where have the files disappeared too ?

I do get output if I do a cat .zshrc within .zsh . For some reason the
files are not just visible :(

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल