Re: Permission denied - putting an aliases.zsh file and it being called from .zshrc

at bottom :-

On 24/12/2016, Martijn Dekker <martijn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Op 23-12-16 om 21:47 schreef shirish शिरीष:
>> at bottom :-
>>
>> On 24/12/2016, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>>> Trying to source it though get permission denied messages -
>>>
>>> /home/shirish/.zsh $ source .zshrc
>>> .zshrc:1: permission denied: /home/shirish/.zsh/aliases.zsh
>>>
>>> Why am I get permission denied messages ?
>>>

>> had forgotten to add executable right, now it all works, sorry folks...
>> again.
>
> Actually, 'source' and '.' do not require the file to have executable
> permission. The problem is that you were executing the file instead of
> sourcing it (which would have caused the aliases to be promptly
> forgotten after executing). The line you want in ~/.zshrc is:
>
> source ~/.zsh/aliases.zsh
>
> - M.

That is what I did -

/home/shirish/.zsh  $ cat .zshrc | grep source
source ~/.zsh/aliases.zsh

I thought it needed to have executable rights as well, but you are
right, they work well without executable rights.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल