Re: wrong error msg

On 04/03/17 10:31 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} Would this be difficult to implement in zsh?

It's messy.  Zsh goes to some effort to *prevent* more than one error
from being reported, i.e., the routines that actually output the error
messages internally keep track of whether they've already been called
and skip printing if called again.
Sounds like it could be an option to just let her rip. In my case, if I'd seen all three errors I'd have been able to figure out what was going on quite easily. And there would have been the implicit message to remember that parsing is left to right.