Re: cd x x.something

On Sep 26,  7:23pm, Grant Taylor wrote:
}
} I'm guessing that I used "omg.wtf" instead of "$PWD.wtf".  Which leads
} me to think that this is something special that acts on the PWD
} environment variable.

No, there's nothing special here.  The value of $PWD is a full path, to
which you are appending ".wtf".

} % pwd
} /dev/shm/omg
} % cd omg omg.wtf
} % pwd
} /dev/shm/omg.wtf
}
} That's why I was saying laterally.

Yes, but you could also do "cd dev/shm tmp" and it would try to change
to /tmp/omg.  It's only "lateral" because you happen to be using a
string that matches only the tail of the path.