Re: compctl help needed for IRC channel names

On Nov 7,  1:13pm, Aleksandr Miroslav wrote:
}
} My IRC bouncer (ZNC), writes out IRC logs into directories that look like
} this:
}
} /path/network1/#channel1
} /path/network1/##channel2
} /path/network1/user1
} /path/network2/#channel3
} /path/network2/##channel4
} /path/network2/user2
}
} I would like compctl to autocomplete for me

It'd be more typical nowadays to run 'compinit' from your startup files
and use the "new" (now 15+ years old) completion system.

} with these options:
}
} channel1 channel2 user1 channel3 channel4 user2

Meaning these are what show up in a completion listing, e.g., on ^D or
when TAB produces an ambiguous result; but when one is substituted into
the command line, the full path should appear?

} But, when I choose channel1 or whatever, it should return the full real
} path (/path/network1/#channel1)
}
} How can I do this?

--