Re: A guide to code Zsh natively, without external tools

On 6 Dec 2017 at 20:58:46, Bart Schaefer (schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Thanks, Sebastian. If we ever find a volunteer to update the HTML zsh
> guide, this could be a useful added chapter.

I would want to do this now – after I looked at plugin with 190 commits, of author that seems skilled, and found many forks there. Looks like it's very hard for people to see through unix magic (piping, capturing output, etc). Can I receive a few tips how to contribute the HTML?

But one more thing decided. Microsoft opened PowerShell 1.5 year ago. It now runs on Linux and OS X. My thinking is management of reality, not going into paranoid state and the point is that there's some probability that PowerShell with its piping of objects etc. will make other shells end up like it happened with e.g. Nokia or Blackberry. Bad quality of Zsh scripts created by users might take part in this.

For this reason I would also want to submit zredis module again, as it might yield some strong use case. Innovation is important in not ending up like the two companies.

I also think plugin managers, neglected by Zsh experts, should be rehabilitated now. I'm pretty sure nobody on PowerShell will avoid package managers and stick to startup script. But of course the plugin managers fork etc. and the native-handbook may help.

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
psprint /at/ zdharma.org