Re: Extending zed

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 11:41:56 +0200
Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Zed always gives me impression that I will touch something improper
> and break the function or file I'm editing. Maybe we could set up few
> things that will make zed more predictable? The page-up, page-down are
> good example, before those binding the keys were calling history and
> really breaking the viewport. Currently "u" key doesn't do undo and
> breaks viewport, could I bind it? I would send a patch. Also, would it
> be possible to implement ESC:wq, i.e. regular way of leaving vim-like
> editor.

bindkey extensions ought to be unproblematic --- you'll see there's
already a zed keymap which binds ^x^w to accept-line.

What we really need is to separate that out so we can set up a default
keyboard and map early before zed actually runs, giving the user the
opportunity to override it.  Perhaps this could be a zed-setup function
that zed will call itself if it hasn't yet been run.

pws