Re: Cannot tell why POSTDISPLAY doesn't work

On 8 June 2018 at 17:10, Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "zle -M" *simply* prints a message.  It doesn't interact with
> the normal editing buffer at all (which is the thing to which
> POSTDISPLAY is appended).  So if you're seeing it it's because it's
> not overridden by the message.
>
> It's worth scanning the zshzle manual to see if you're doing something
> that might be better dealt with by Zle -R, which does a normal
> redisplay with an optional message --- this is commonly the case
> when within widgets.

I just realized it is zsh-users/zsh-autosuggestions is also using
POSTDISPLAY. When I enter weird command with "-" in the middle, then
zsh-autosuggestions doesn't have any string to suggest and doesn't
touch my POSTDISPLAY. Now how to dig out from this. I've tried zle -R
but it doesn't help.

--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski