Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Unable to build zsh with pcre on Mac Homebrew
- X-seq: zsh-users 23820
- From: Jesper Nygårds <jesper.nygards@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Unable to build zsh with pcre on Mac Homebrew
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 14:52:35 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=AAgllaUIA3+X2DJKl6M0uVgz2wZ4FCsyNG75BElB7qc=; b=CTfgc7b2kRv3UKMXvxa3C8Vyu9w7WdOilH9xu5O80YqAvDBmB6hNjWstAeOXyddFqG XwtYlhZCuJ7UnoMc0AXGtS5OircqqKxhoZ4KEpLQa0MskCfxarsvkHutamMz7oCg2Qaj KDEH51KdRw9Dp2J5pkBVeNXHZyI64rdEBt2LaeeJ7tIlrGYNZXbbJIvc/x7+fNO7fBk9 eeD94oOaen1F/bf8wD1cIyMoTpJPZOnwQWIAc+7YVdBh8zQcsPQbm0pEO4iE29L000OZ 2CPNNufsUgrFS7qeFkvNm86rpkAh7i7iNLXzC03/GReZJ9IQXyfFJc5g2aEeKd7A3cPb xTJQ==
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
This might very well be a Homebrew issue, but I'm posting here in the hope
that someone else might have found a solution. I have trouble building zsh
with included pcre support on recent versions of Homebrew.
I have previously always installed brew zsh with the pcre option, but the
Homebrew project this Fall decided to remove all configuration options from
their core packages, and it's thus no longer possible to install zsh with
the pcre option on without editing the formula. However, although I have
tried editing the formula, something doesn't work in the install process.
I have done a "brew edit zsh", and then added the line ' "--enable-pcre", '
to the configure options. Then I ran "brew install --build-from-source
--verbose zsh". I can see from the output that configure is run with
"--enable-pcre", but later in the log I see this:
checking for pcre_compile... no
checking for pcre_study... no
checking for pcre_exec... no
So I assume something is preventing the build from finding the pcre
libraries, although the configure script has been run with such support.
I have both pcre and pcre2 installed:
Does anyone know how to resolve this?
Messages sorted by: