Re: Do you recognize this zshrc.d naming scheme?

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 4:14 AM Robert Spencer <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've started working on an in-house project (awit-zsh-superawesome) that
> uses it, regrettably my boss can't remember where he got it from.
>
> I'd like to find the upstream source, so I can document the naming scheme.
> Unfortunately so far I've had no luck finding references online.

I've been traveling/busy so have only peripherally paying attention to
this thread ... but so far I've only seen people describing their own
similar setups.  I strongly suspect that's because there is no
"upstream source" for this; this sort of file naming is a common idiom
in unix/linux used for forcing an ordering on configuration files that
are read from a directory, without having to name the individual files
in some sort of control script.

So this particular ordering was probably invented by the original
author of your in-house project.

A typical extension of this would be to add another tag in each file
name so that they could be divided into files read for all shells /
interactive shells / login shells.