Re: Shell io from and to serial device

I don't know if you have this available, but `timeout` is a common utility
program: https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/cosmic/en/man1/timeout.1.html
(It's
GNU)

So you could start the whole grep pipeline with that command in a new
shell, or if you wanted you could do a callback to a parent ZSH process
like the zsh-async does with SIGWINCH, catch that and kill a job. (You
could enable job control then kill %0 or similar when you get the
interrupting signal back.)

--
*\Ben Klein*
Founder and Owner of Robosane, robobenklein@xxxxxxxxxxxx