Re: help adapting bashism for zsh

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 4:44 PM David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So when I choose zsh as the only shell installed, things will continue to
> work. The easy answer is install all shells, but on storage critical systems
> has a distinct downside. That's why I am curious whether there is a collection
> of information that can help in the transition.

On my Linux box sh is 100KB, bash is 1.1MB and zsh is 4.3MB. If you
are space constrained, zsh may not be the best choice.

Going back to your original question, I'm not aware of any tools for
automatic translation of bash code to zsh. It's likely that your
requirements are unique. Usually systems that can afford to have zsh
can also afford to have bash, so no translation is necessary.

Roman.