Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Zsh and ReGIS graphics.
- X-seq: zsh-users 23997
- From: Ross Combs <rcombs@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Zsh and ReGIS graphics.
- Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 02:07:49 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=LDSkqscOPw/tOGFRCLeIzZfLFfd5D5EoBs0LCNAy950=; b=gsqH5ETj8/NuV2F9jjij6x4Vad5kN9c+SJjA6/1OjQaCRXlQ5RxGqx7WeHovWvWMrC Iiaen5EyPQ6ZnP1QxQ+wibxndZAaiBvncWwBW5Pmv+76TYV2M/Xitn0Z6adI+NlqS24k 8qyNK1dSQ36yLMLReU2fxsZovSgCzfe3GBbS049GW4Ypo9O2WJnCT6iHhpdcI0aDgd60 oUcTfY+jP4Iszx//SfdLmRQdcrc1n9NLpNXVRnKtroze6CkiNwpG4i8Nq1ikGeSsM/lz sNYwLf9U4Yc0BaoMzRoGlbl4C6YLNkzKKJ51jtGh0aIZOHe178moUWwLLb48ok8ezID0 kvgA==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 10:08:50 -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 5/26/19 11:55 AM, Grant Taylor wrote:
> > Does anyone have any idea if this is a Zsh thing? Or possibly
something spurious I have in my
> > prompt?
> I don't think it's my prompt. I unset RPROMPT and changed PROMPT to be "#
" and I'm still
> seeing zsh erase content below the prompt line.
> Any help / pointers would be appreciated.
I ran typescript zsh.log, then ran zsh inside, control-Led, hit return a
few times, and cat-ed a ReGIS image file. I can confirm that what you
state happens: the image is cleared from the following line to the end of
This appears to be due to zsh emitting a ^[[J before printing the prompt.
I don't know why it does this. Does zsh sometimes write to parts of the
screen below the current line?
[many lines omitted]
^M^M^[[0m^[[27m^[[24m^[[Jusername@hostname ~% ^[[K^[[?2004h^[[?2004l^M^M
[other lines omitted]
I don't have that in my prompt either:
username@hostname ~% set | grep PROMPT
PROMPT='%n@%2m %~%# '
[apologies for the broken message id chain -- I'm not subscribed to this
list so I had to hand-craft this response]
Messages sorted by: