Re: zsh poor performances while reading and testing ?

hello Peter,

> Personally, I don't use shell scripting these days for anything other
> than helping with interactive use, and I don't consider myself
> particularly unfamiliar with the shell.

doesn't seems so ;)

as i said: my fist attempt when i wrote this benchmark was to point out
how fast are filters compared to while loops. so i don't use zsh for
those kind of stuff too.

i was using zsh+(many filters) for decades now because in some cases,
it was the fastest way to get things done (even perl5 isn't even close
to the simplicity of some shell scripts). the only recent game changer
for me it perl6: for the first time of my life, i feel it's time to kiss
shell scripting goodbye.

regards,
marc