Re: Is there some bash source that Zsh will not parse?

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 00:47, Phil Pennock
<zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2019-07-10 at 18:10 +0200, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> > in the opposite direction, this is rather true, e.g. the globbing
> > flags aren't parsed correctly:

> Note in particular that where zsh has ${(flags)varname} for parameter
> expansion flags, bash has ${varname@operator} syntax for expansion
> transformations.  There's other stuff around indirect variables, case
> modification expansions, and `shopt`, which all come to mind.  Almost
> certainly a lot more.

Yes but i meant actually just the parser. I believe the contents of
${...} are taken as a whole by the parser to then be passed to
stringsubst() and the like, so that would be a "late"-parsing, which
i'm not interested in currently.

> If Zsh's goals are changing such that complete Bash compatibility is
> required in bash mode (as opposed to "enough to get by") then it might
> be worth trying to run the bash test suite against Zsh, with suitable
> modifications to ensure Zsh is in the correct mode always.
> That should prove ... educational.

Yeah, that would be interesting :)

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski