Re: Help wanted with debugging a weird glob behavior

2019-08-20 12:21:44 +0430, Aryn Starr:
> Indeed, using `echo "${$(cat path | iconv -f UTF-8-MAC -t UTF-8):h}”/*` works!
> Seeing that `zsh -f` works correctly without this shenanigan, is there an option that disables this? I have oh-my-zsh installed, which might have set an option to that effect ...
[...]

[back on-list]

You probably have the nocaseglob option on. That means that zsh
does read the content of directories to find matches and since
zreaddir returns é in its precomposed form (U+00E9), it matches
neither e<U+0301> (the decomposed form of é) nor E<U+0301> (the
decomposed form of É).

Not much you can do about it (except that iconv conversion or
install a proper OS ;-)).

If you disable that zsh work around (for which I think you
need to recompile zsh), then you'll probably get worse problems.

--
Stephane