Re: Help wanted with debugging a weird glob behavior

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 9:24 PM Aryn Starr <whereislelouch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(this message was in my spam folder, but I don't think anyone else
replied to it)
> But when I get the dirname of that path and do a glob on it, zsh doesn’t find any match:
>
> ```
> ~/TMP/zbug
> $ ec "${$(cat path):h}"/*(D)
> zsh: no matches found: /Users/evar/my-music/Songs/Motion Picture's Soundtracks/More/Cécile Corbel - The Secret World Of Arrietty OST [FLAC]/*(D)
> ```
>
> I have tested this with `zsh -f`, and the bug is not present there. How can I find what in my config is causing this?

Most likely candidate is you did setopt nobareglobqual, in which case
the example is a bit needlessly complicated, does a simple
echo .(D)
work for you?

--
Mikael Magnusson