Re: completion is over thinking things.

On 28 Sep 2019, at 12:36, Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>But my issue remains,  I almost always want completion to stop trying to be
>clever and just give me local file completions.

A few people on IRC have file completion bound to a separate key sequence.
This is mentioned in the FAQ:

  http://zsh.sourceforge.net/FAQ/zshfaq04.html#l53

Alternatively, maybe you could use the fake or fake-always style to always add
files?

  zstyle -e ':completion:*' fake-always _files

That exact configuration seems like it would be irritating, though. Not sure
if there's a single style that would work 'nicely' in all cases

dana