Re: rxvt completion

On 4 Nov 2019, at 16:09, Dave Woodfall <dave@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I submit a patch for rxvt completion, would it be accepted, as it
> would mean removing rxvt from _urxvt's compdef?
>
> I'm guessing that some *nixes out there rename urxvt to rxvt?

Debian and its derivatives do (or it goes by both names at least).

Usually when there are different implementations of a tool with the same name,
you use _pick_variant and/or check $OSTYPE to determine which one to complete
for. Depending on how similar they are, you might keep them both in the same
function, or make them separate and conditionally call one from the other. I'm
not sure which is better for rxvt (do they still have a lot of shared options
or are they completely different?), but if you grep the repo for _pick_variant
you'll see lots of examples you can borrow from

dana