Re: substituted command won't inherit stdin in pipeline

2019-11-13 16:30:06 +0300, Oğuz:
[...]
> > Not exactly what happens in that the expansions in the arguments
> > of the commands in the pipeline are performed in the parent,
> > from left to right, not in the processes that run the
> > individualy pipe components (also note that the right-most pipe
> > component is run in the current shell anyway, like in ksh93,
> > unlike in bash).

Which was meant to be (sorry for the gibberish):

> > Not exactly. What happens is that the expansions in the arguments
> > of the commands in the pipeline are performed in the parent,
> > from left to right, not in the processes that run the
> > individualy pipe components (also note that the right-most pipe
> > component is run in the current shell anyway, like in ksh93,
> > unlike in bash).

> Now I'm confused. Is this what standard says, or what zsh does?

It's what zsh does.

IIRC, POSIX leaves it unspecified.

It also leaves unspecified which pipeline component if any may
be run in the current shell process.

--
Stephane