Re: Change interactive command into a comment

> On Nov 15, 2019, at 6:09 AM, zzapper <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Perry Smith <pedz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> I found INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS but now Iƒ Tm curious, what is zsh trying
>> to do with a line starting with # ?  e.g. # echo dog
>
> There is also bultin to zsh & bash

> which will autmatically insert # before current command and carriage return
>
> on my system the meta key is Alt.
>
> and yes i always want
>
> setopt interactivecomments  # allows end of command line comments

Part of my dive into zsh is I changed my keyboard layout.  Leaving out
all the details, I moved my "meta" key from the command key to the
option key (I'm on a Mac).  That has ground my emacs using to be very
slow and awkward but I'm slowly adapting.  I wanted the change because
I wanted e.g. back-word to be the same in emacs and the Terminal.

pedz