Re: variable expanding to `*` matches a literal `*` in case cond. construct

On 12/16/19, Oğuz <oguzismailuysal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 16 Aralık 2019 Pazartesi tarihinde dana <dana@xxxxxxx> yazdı:
>>
>> Apple have changed their default *log-in shell* to zsh. /bin/sh is still
>> /bin/bash (though it seems like they might switch to dash in the
>> future?),
>> and
>> both of those still work exactly the way they did before. You still need
>> to go
>> out of your way to write scripts that run under zsh. Even if you use zsh
>> run a shell script without an interpreter directive, it will run it with
>> /bin/sh.
>>

> Thanks, this is something I didn't know. So the conclusion is;
> 1. One should never, ever expect zsh to be compatible with other shells
> since it has to suck, just as its users,
> 2. Apple doesn't force zsh, and a proper shell is still available, so no
> need to worry.
>
> This is my last post to this mailing list, thanks.

If all shells worked exactly the same, what would be the purpose of
having more than one to choose from? Zsh doesn't fall into the same
traps of traditional sh like bash did, and it is possible to write
working scripts without using horribly convoluted constructs. If you
think that "sucks", that is your loss. Looking forward to not getting
a reply to this since you've already sent your last post to this
mailing list, you're welcome.

--
Mikael Magnusson