Re: ${(z)} parsing of multiple array assignments

Daniel Shahaf wrote on Mon, 30 Dec 2019 23:46 +00:00:
> Peter Stephenson wrote on Mon, 30 Dec 2019 22:37 +00:00:
> > >
> > > One more:
> >
> > Thanks; shall I commit my change?  It looks like it ought to be local
> > enough we can be reasonably confident it's well tested.
>
> The changes do seem fairly local, and not likely to break anything
> that _doesn't_ use array assignments interactively (get_comp_string())
> or in ${(z)} (bufferwords()), so small risk.  I don't have a gut
> feeling for how likely they are to break anything, but if you feel
> they're not going to necessitate a 5.8.1, then sure, go ahead and
> commit to master.
>
> If you aren't sure, then go ahead and commit to the 5.9 branch. :)

I suppose that was too teflony.  What I was trying to say is that
I don't know the two functions in question well enough to have a gut
feeling about how destabilizing/risky a particular change is, but in
general, if I had doubts I would err on the side of caution and defer to
the next release.

Cheers,

Daniel