Re: Separate sections for manuals: what am I missing?

On 2020-04-05 20:02,
dana <dana@xxxxxxx> put forth the proposition:
> On 5 Apr 2020, at 19:26, Dave Woodfall <dave@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > However, selecting any section manual will always gets the first
> > section manual listed.
> >
> > Do I need to add some other option so that I get can get e.g.
> > printf(3)?
>
> I think you want insert-sections. I guess it's not actually in the
> documentation (i'll add it later), but the tag takes the form manuals.<sect>,
> where <sect> is a pattern matching the section(s) you want to insert. So you
> can just do this if you want to insert all sections:
>
>   zstyle ':completion:*:manuals.*' insert-sections true

Thanks, that solves it.  One question though: Is it possible to tell
when you're in a manual select menu?  I suppose I could test if the
first word is `man'.

--
Dave

The antibloat squad!
For those interested in no bloat, minimal desktop Linux
gopher://tty1.uk/1/?minimal-linux
http://tty1.uk/minimal-linux
#minimallinux @ chat.freenode.net