Re: indirect assignment to array

Thanks! I was afraid I had to resort to eval.
By the way, I was trying to create an helper function like this:

debugvar(){
    typeset -g $1
    typeset +m $1
    typeset $1
}

but I found out from the manual that -g "it has no effect when listing
existing parameters"

is there a way to use typeset from functions to print out the definition of
global variables?

thanks again

Pier Paolo Grassi