Re: xterm-direct and zsh

On 2020-07-22 1:13 a.m., Oliver Kiddle wrote:
"Aaron Jensen" wrote:
I'm trying to use TERM=xterm-direct with zsh and finding that zle doesn't attempt to render things in 256 color, instead falling back to 8 color.

Pardon a dumb question, but what use does a terminal have for a huge number of colors?  I colorize my prompt but even 8 colors is more than enough.  There must be some functionality that I'm completely unaware of.