Re: Strange behavior about option completion of `git push`

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 10:24 AM Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At first let's type `git push --r` and hit TAB. Then it is completed
> as `git push --re`.
>
> Next let's type `git push --f' and hit TAB. In this case ... expected
> behavior is that it will be completed as `git push --fo`. But what
> really happens is that there is no change after TAB is hit.
>
> Would someone please explain why such differnce happens?

I think the difference is that --force-with-lease has a required
argument, which differs from the other two --f options, whereas none
of the --r completions has an argument.

However, without a lot of digging, I don't know why that affects the
position of the first perceived ambiguity.