Re: Bug/Request: _umountable should not depend on /etc/mtab

Norbert Lange wrote on Fri, 16 Oct 2020 10:14 +00:00:
> Hello,
>
> On Linux, /etc/mtab is ancient history, please use /proc/self/mounts.
> Atleast the _unmountable function is affected.
> (its easy to add an compatibility symlink, but this should not be necessary)

Can we just s#/etc/mtab#/proc/self/mounts#g?  I.e., what Linux systems
_don't_ have /proc/self/mounts?  (New systems with custom kernel
configs?  Old systems?  _How_ old?)

Failing that, the code will have to use /proc/self/mounts if it exists
and /etc/mtab otherwise.