Re: save a command in history from within the widget

Thank you very much all. I will remember to:

(a) state the use-case explicitly,
(b) cross-link to other copies of the same question that have been (previously or concurrently) asked elsewhere.

And I will In-Shah-Allah set the GIT_WORK_TREE and GIT_DIR variables now.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ahmad Ismail

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 4:04 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ahmad Ismail wrote on Mon, 26 Oct 2020 03:13 +0600:
> Thank you very much for responding. To get some context to my use case you
> can check:
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/git/comments/jdl11c/can_not_use_some_of_my_aliases_with_bare_repo/
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64416625/can-not-use-some-of-my-aliases-with-bare-repo

For future reference, when asking a question, it's considered good
netiquette to (a) state the use-case explicitly, (b) cross-link to
other copies of the same question that have been (previously or
concurrently) asked elsewhere.

Consider writing a 'd' command that sets GIT_WORK_TREE and GIT_DIR in
the environment and executes git.

See also vcsh(1).

Daniel