Limiting height of completion menu

Hey!

I was wondering if it would have been possible to limit the height of
the completion menu. I am using:

zstyle ':completion:*' menu yes=long select

Ideally, if the completion menu could not be more than half the screen,
it would be great, this way, I keep the top of the screen intact when
trying to complete. I have looked around in the source code, and it
seems the "long" option is hardcoding "LINES" to detect if it should
trigger the menu and in the C code, it uses zterm_lines to control how
the menu is displayed. But maybe it's possible to tell ZLE that LINES is
in fact half the real lines?

Thanks.
--
You may my glories and my state dispose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.