Re: Parameter subsitution

On 08 Jan 2021, at 17:00, Lawrence Velázquez <vq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Jan 8, 2021, at 6:46 PM, Lewis Butler <lbutler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Ah, yes, I can see where that would be useful. I often (used to)
>> do things in bash like `^string^replace` (I think that's right)
>
> Note that zsh recognizes ^foo^bar as well,

Yep, but I stopped using it years and years ago, long before I used zsh. Heck, before I used bash4.

> and bash recognizes !?foo.

bash versions greater than 3.x?

But I am not using bash anywhere now other than in some shell scripts that didn't work with zsh and I didn't take the time to figure out why

>> Wonder why my zsh is not behaving as your with the recalling of l
>> in the substation though.
>>
>> $ zsh --version
>> zsh 5.8 (x86_64-apple-darwin20.0)
>>
>> Maybe something in oh-m-z?
>
> Perhaps omz is doing its own history expansions that make using a
> null pattern on your command line untenable.

Probably. I'll test without oh-m-z at some point.

--
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@xxxxxxxxxx>