Re: detect pipe

On 2021-01-28 6:50 p.m., Bart Schaefer wrote:

NOW the test2 alias exists, so if I repeat that:
So the FIRST time you tried ". test; ...", if you DID NOT get an
error, there was some previous thing named "test2" lying around, which
probably behaved differently.

You can't define an alias and use it both in the same single line command.
That's what I was trying to remember -- that sort of gotcha.  Yup, the define and use thing. Still it is all logical -- previous editions of the alias still lurking around and only next time being changed so I'm lead down the garden path.  I'll not forget that again.  Sorry to waste
everyone's time.