Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Call for volunteers: Patch Manager
- X-seq: zsh-users 26529
- From: "Daniel Shahaf" <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: Patch Manager
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 17:28:38 +0000
- Archived-at: <https://zsh.org/users/26529>
- Archived-at: <http://www.zsh.org/sympa/arcsearch_id/zsh-users/2021-02/a77e5385-6978-4249-8bef-11966bebebca%40www.fastmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CADjGqHvGch-bdeDAv1p-AWc7zkJJzErBU3ampro=cFQ5QtnAwQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-id: <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- References: <20210215202119.GA4949@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <CADjGqHuuaeP1Q_T70cf_xvSpUD288b_pkRE9_FjunuGgOEpjLw@mail.gmail.com> <20210215222002.GC4949@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20210217223655.GA5409@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <email@example.com> <CADjGqHvGch-bdeDAv1p-AWc7zkJJzErBU3ampro=cFQ5QtnAwQ@mail.gmail.com>
TJ Luoma wrote on Thu, 18 Feb 2021 01:42 +00:00:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 6:30 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Just as well to have someone of known competence. I at least would have to learn the job on the
> > job. Still, it would be nice to be able to make some sort of contribution given all the help I've
> > received.
> Exactly my thoughts. I wouldn't have known how to do the job, but I
> would have been glad to do something to try to give back for all the
> help I've received over the many years.
Hmm. I appreciate the desire to give back, but I don't know how to
clarify the several descriptions I've already given. Again, in
a nutshell, the patch manager (PM) should, at regular intervals, go
through [PATCH] threads and for each patch do:
case $state in
As to other ways to help, well, how about writing documentation patches?
They're very helpful, and not hard to write. See Doc/Zsh/*.yo. (Custom
syntax highlighting for Vim is in the tree.)
> Still, glad to have someone who knows what they're doing take the helm!
Messages sorted by: