Re: Interactive menu completion bug

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 8:58 AM Paul <GammaFunction@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is unrelated to the previous bug I mentioned, and apologies if this
> has been brought forward before. There is a more problematic issue with
> the menu when in the `interactive` setting.

> echo ~/a<Tab>b <Tab><arrow-right>

I think the issue here is that typing SPACE does not end the
interactive completion, so even though the buffer has advanced, you're
still interactively completing the same word as previously.  This one
is fixed by doing

bindkey -M menuselect " " accept-line

> echo $a<Tab>liases[<arrow-right>

This one is more problematic.  You can at least prevent the word so
far from being clobbered by doing

bindkey -M menuselect "[" .self-insert

but there's probably a context-dependent set of characters that could
be typed at the end of a word, some of which should self-insert and
then end the completion, but others of which should have the effect of
ending the current word, self-inserting, and then resuming completion.