Re: cd with wildcard fails instead cd's to home

On 27/04/2021 15:01, Peter Stephenson wrote:

On 27 April 2021 at 13:46 zzapper <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
~/Videos/kdenlivedemo > cd gggg*
~ >      # <<<< BAD I've cd'd to home -- no warning message
You've got the NULL_GLOB option set, which simply removes any argument
with pattern characters in that doesn't match.

PWS,

thanks that was it. <<<<

#setopt nullglob  # stops  a glob barfing if no matches <<< NOT EVEN SURE THAT EVEN HELPED JUST A  BIT OF FORGOTTEN CLUDGE in my .zshrc

It was stopping a longish script from working but it took me ages to isolate the problem.

I eventually whittled the script down to the one line that was the culprit but a ton of red herrings on the journey !!

echo "Now can you give me back 6 hours of my life back LOL"

zzapper