Re: Zsh spins in endless loop with SIGHUP + read in zshexit

On Thu, 2021-05-13 at 09:30 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 9:07 AM Peter Stephenson
> >
> > [...] don't see why
> > your simple patch shouldn't work.
>
> I suppose it comes down to what we might find in other callers of
> zexit().

Presumably ones in loops are the nasty ones.  I couldn't see anything
obvious.

I haven't looked for cases where we're disobeying "exit" from shell code
owing to the same logic, but I think the fix there would probably be
different (you may be stuck in a loop in shell code).  This is
completely hypothetical, though.

pws