Re: zpasesopts problem

2021-06-02 13:44:44 -0230, Roger Mason:
[...]
> rm -rf *20210602-*;./GenerateElkJX.sh filmperthite --tasks 0 --spsource \
> SpeciesGenerated --symbol Si --rmt 1.55 --nocc 7 --vstates '1112'
>
> I get:
>
> Parsing species options.
> The numbers of chemical chemsyms, RMTs, occupation numbers and valence states do not match.
> #chemsyms = 0, #rmts = 2, #noccs = 2, #vstates = 2
> Check your command line.  Exiting.
>
> I don't understand why the value given for chemsyms (--symbol Si) is
> unrecognised.
>
> Thanks for any help in making this work.
[...]

You're not showing the full script, so we don't know what $argv
contains at the time zparseopts is being invoked.

I'd recommend you add a

typeset -p argv

before the zparseopts call.

My guess would be that you're expecting $argv to be:

typeset -a argv=( --symbol Si --rmt 1.55 --nocc 7 --vstates 1112 )

but it's not, possibly because you've called "shift" too many
times or with the wrong number as argument.

--
Stephane