Re: what does 'interactive' mean?

> On 10 August 2021 at 16:30 Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorta?  interactive ~= background?

Very very very very very roughly, "interactive" in this sense means it's
showing you prompts and bringing up a line editor to edit the command line.
(To be less rough, go back to Roman's original question, but I think we're
off at a tangent here.)

Being "non-interactive" doesn't mean you can't interact with the shell.
There's still probably a standard input and output.  It just means it's not
giving you the bit of extra help you get at a terminal to make things easy.
Well, not necessarily easy, but...

pws