Re: Completion: How to show description for current option?

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 4:11 AM Roman Perepelitsa
<roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 1:05 PM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > If I type
> >
> > % git switch -c^D
> >
> > [...] I would like it to show all matching completions with descriptions:
>
> There is accept-exact style.

I don't think that applies here.  Even if it did, wouldn't it have the
opposite effect of what he wants?

> You'll also need to arrange for
> --conflict to match against -c (this isn't true by default).

That might be all that's needed; a matcher-list entry that allows '-'
to become '--'.  But I suspect there's something deeper going on in
the _git suite.