Re: [more info] rsync completion not working for server files when using double quotes

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 6:07 PM Mathieu Clavel
<math.clavel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry I have to create a new thread because I didn't receive my own email so I cannot respond to it.

I found the first one, labeled spam by gmail.

> rsync completion stops working for files and for folders once a folder in the path uses escaping.

There are some generic issues with completion of strings in unmatched
quotes, because they have to be canonicalized and then converted back
again.

Since it doesn't appear from your examples that you're depending on
complete_in_word, have you tried simply adding the closing quote mark
before pressing TAB?