Re: Is there any possible way to automatically escape characters when executing an alias in zsh?

"man zshzle" will tell you about special widgets.  Basically, they're
just user defined commands that instead of being called by a keystroke
are called at particular points during editing.

The test is just an ordinary zsh pattern, as used for globbing / file
matching, so it's easy to extend...

if [[ $BUFFER = (tasn|taxx|tmxx)' '* && $BUFFER != *\\* ]]; then

Nice. Yeah, this annoyance has been bugging me for years. I'll share this out to the TW community, I'm sure others will love this, too.