Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 22:10:04 +0200
Subject: Re: quoting words
Hello, here is the output:

5.8
a isa array
typeset -a omz=( 'the first' 'the last' )
'the first' 'the last'

the result from your script is in fact correct if I assign the  "${(@qq)omz}":

typeset -a omz=( 'the first' 'the last' )
a="${(@qq)omz}"
typeset -p a
typeset a='''the first'' ''the last'''

regards

Pier Paolo Grassi

Pier Paolo Grassi

Il giorno gio 30 set 2021 alle ore 22:59 Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
writing on disk it can eat away all the space I have on my device and make other processes that need that disk space to fail. Even if disk is cheap doesn't mean it's always plentifully available

Pier Paolo Grassi

Il giorno gio 30 set 2021 alle ore 21:50 Dominik Vogt <dominik.vogt@xxxxxx> ha scritto:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 09:17:06PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> There's another major issue: since there is no blocking, this can take
> much disk space. Thus such a function must not be used in a case one
> may be interested only in the beginning of the output.

But ... even if you never press "F" in less to read the rest of
the input it's going to be stored somewhere, either in memory or
on disk.  What's the point in worrying bout temporry disk space?

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt