Re: zsh : launch tmux in just one terminal

hello,

> I would like to my first invocation of a 'Gnome terminal' on Linux mint  to
> automatically launch tmux but not for any subsequent consoles

> My more generic question is how can consoles share information?

They just don't: consoles are just devices, not programs.

The way i deal with it is to create specific way to call terminal via
desktop files.

in my /home/mc/.local/share/applications, i have

---[ tmux_attach.desktop
     [Desktop Entry]
     Comment=terminal multiplexer
     Exec=tilix -e tmux att
     Icon=mksh32
     Name=attach tmux session
     Type=Application
---[ tmux_back.desktop
     [Desktop Entry]
     Comment=terminal multiplexer
     Exec=tilix -e zsh -ic 'c&&tmux'
     Icon=mksh32
     Name=cd back with tmux
     Type=Application
---[ tmux_session.desktop
     [Desktop Entry]
     Comment=terminal multiplexer
     Name=new tmux session
     Exec=tilix -e tmux
     Icon=mksh32
     Type=Application

Note 1: c is just a command i wrote to navigate in a MRU directories list.
it's basically cd $( fzf < ~/.was-pwd )

regards
marc