Re: zsh : launch tmux in just one terminal

On 2021-10-01 06:47 AM, zzapper wrote:
hi

I would like to my first invocation of a 'Gnome terminal' on Linux
mint  to automatically launch tmux but not for any subsequent consoles
.

My more generic question is how can consoles share information?

Best regards

David Rayner

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to do. But it sounds like you want to detect if tmux is already running. I'd run a simple script when the terminal starts up using this feature: https://superuser.com/a/591333

The script will detect if the tmux process is running by grepping the output of the 'ps' command and launch tmux if it's not already running.