Re: zsh : launch tmux in just one terminal

On 01/10/2021 21:16, Ray Andrews wrote:
On 2021-10-01 10:43 a.m., Bart Schaefer wrote:

Just make it:  pgrep -u $USER tmux

If it's not too far off topic, what's the advantage of tmux over just a whole bunch of xterms?

Well it's a kind of poor-man's multi-screen. I can be seeing the result of a bc in one split, a grep in another, help file in a third, or I can have 2 zsh splits and one bash.

It helps alleviate the 'which xterm was I using problem'.

I could also have a tmux for one project and then jump to a tmux for a second project

zzapper