Re: functions -t

Hello Bart, after my email I thought of implementing the way you suggested and it works fine, I was reluctant to do so since I can have a variable number of functions to trace (solved with an array and a loop) and was confronting with the dilemma of don't wanting to clutter any "functions -T" issued in the parent context, but that would need to be able to know if a function has the trace activated or not, and I believe this is not possibile, but of course I can be wrong. Also I don't really see the practical application for this more complex behaviour so I can be happy with what I have
thanks

Pier Paolo Grassi

Il giorno mer 13 ott 2021 alle ore 05:47 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 8:35 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes.  Tracing of individual functions is not an option controlled by
> setopt.

Sorry, I'm being imprecise.  You can turn off the trace by using
setopt INSIDE the traced function.  But it's not controlled by setopt
in the CALLING function, so you can't localoptions it.