Re: Where do these completions come from?

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 01:10:27PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 12:13 PM Roman Perepelitsa
> <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Okay, understood.  But why is it useful to expand hashtable names
> > > in command position?
> >
> > I don't think it's useful.
>
> It's not "expanding" hashtable names, it's completing parameter names
> because you might want to assign to them.  Having
>
> % PA<tab>
> % PATH=
>
> would be a better example.  You don't get the "=" when there are
> multiple possibilities.

Hm, it *is* somewhat confusing to be offered zsh internal
parameter names that come from a module that was loaded as a
dependency of zsh/complist (which is the olny module I use).

Is there a way to tell zsh only to complete parameter names that
are actually in the environment and not zsh internal ones?

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt