Re: Disabling null elision (was: Re: Most Recent File)

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 2:01 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But wouldn't such a thing be enabled via some option, so that nothing
> changes unless you explicitly activate it?

The discussion at the point where you jumped in is about how long we
have to wait before making it the default so you'd no longer
explicitly activate it.

Traditionally the answer would be "forever".  The last attempt to do
it differently resulted in the dead zsh 2.5 fork (I hope I'm
remembering that number correctly, it's been a really long time.)